Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Earning the Money

So in order to go to China I had to pay for the trip. The first thing that I did was create fliers that told about what I was doing, and some jobs that I could do for people such as babysitting, yard work, and housework. The next step was handing them out to people. After I had printed out the fliers my sister and I headed out the door to all the neighbors handing out flyers,  and explaining my cause.  Thanks to many people in my ward I got lots of babysitting jobs.  I also had to clean someone else's house once a week.  Then in about mid March I was still short on money so we bought some pizza coupon cards and for a few weekends I went door to door selling those. It was hard work! And definitely not my favorite thing to do! In fact I dreaded most of the door to door stuff.  And thanks to some very generous extended family members who found jobs for me or donated some money to my cause I was able to reach my goal of $3000.  Thanks to all those who gave me work and donated money I really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment